The South End storage residents automatically receive 15% savings over self-storage!
Boasting the largest intact Victorian row house district in the country covering over 300 acres, the South End was listed on the National Historic Register of Historic Places in 1973. Strolling the tree lined streets, it’s hard to imagine that it was once a narrow strip of land, the Boston Neck, connecting Boston to Roxbury and surrounded by a tidal marsh. In the 1840’s the city fathers imported fill from Needham to expand the neck and filled in the marshes creating the South End and alleviating the crowding in the Beacon Hill area. In the 1850s, Charles Bulfinch, a renowned architect, created a plan for the newly enlarged area. The plan included building connected brick bow-front townhouses, with iron railings, tiny gardens surrounded by iron fences, and scattering small green parks, often with a fountain in the middle.