Whether you just moved into your first apartment or you just need to transfer in a smaller area, studio apartments display some unique challenges. With just one room to fix and others out on display, separating
your bedroom from your kitchen is a tedious task. It does not matter what is your storage condition, these tips will surely help you design and modernize your studio apartment into the most elegant small area in the building.
1. Allow the Light to Enter. Do not use heavy curtains and put lots of light fixtures to make the studio look larger, more welcoming and cleaner.
2. Consider Your Movement. Consider how you will move in the room and place the furniture accordingly. You will feel even more overcrowded if you keep on tripping on the couch before you could reach the closet. Having clear pathways, you will enjoy the apartment even if you are clumsy.
3. Organize the Furniture. Apply furniture placement to arrange furnishings in smaller groups in the room. Since walls are not available to act as dividers, you can use rugs, lighting and furniture to separate the areas while still keeping the area airy and open.
4. Use Flexible Furniture. Multipurpose furnishings are preferred and in a smaller area like a studio type apartment, they can be a lifesaver. Heavy duty furniture is a good furnishing to have around.
5. Organize Everything. If you can organize everything, it is best to do it particularly if you are living in a studio apartment where everything is on display. Look for some storage organizers that look attractive and then place those things that you don’t need at all.
6. Add Artwork. To added effects and personality in your space, you can display some of your art work on the walls to make the area look unique. There are several ways to hang an art without using a hammer, so even renters can have a gallery wall.
7. Manage Clutter. Some normally place piles of throw pillow in their sofa, but in smaller spaces, these will provide a chaotic feeling. To prevent the clutter, pick one unique piece to group things based on shape or color.
8. Create a Pretty Storage. Keep organized, but make sure to do it attractively by placing stuff in colorful boxes and baskets.
9. Vertical is Good. Since in floor space is limited in a studio apartment, you can use the walls to put some mementos on your floating shelves. These shelves are ideal for rotating displays, and you can change the look of your decorations base on the season and your mood.